Spine Stretch Forward
Basic | Intermediate | Advanced
Goals & Benefits
- Stretch for the spine, especially the lower back, and the hamstrings.
- A breathing exercise that wrings the lungs of byproducts of fatigue.
- Lifts and decompresses the spine in flexion.
- Enhances good posture.
Tips & Cues
- The lifted starting position is as important as the flexion.
- Exhale as you go forward and fill up the lungs with fresh air as you come up.
- Keep the abdominal muscles lifted throughout so the spine is stretched as well as the hamstrings.
- Keep the feet flexed to create a stretch from heel to crown.