Single Leg Stretch
Goals & Benefits
- Strengthen the abdominal muscles.
- Stabilize the spine while encouraging mobility in the hips.
- Massages internal organs and digestive system.
- Keeps the rhythm and flow of the workout.
Tips & Cues
- Hold the head up with the abdominal muscles, not the neck. If the neck is strained, put the head down on the mat.
- Legs may go higher if the practitioner can not stabilize the spine with the abdominals.
- Base of the shoulder blades should remain on the mat.
- Abdominals must stay scooped.