Side Kicks Hot Potato
Goals & Benefits
- Strengthens the legs, seat, and hips.
- Strengthens and stabilizes the torso.
- Builds flexibility and range of motion in the hip.
- Creates rhythm and flow.
Tips & Cues
- Keep the upper body still throughout the exercises.
- Keep the upper hip stacked on top of the lower hip and don’t roll back.
- Press the bottom leg into the mat to create stability in this dynamic exercise.
- Always control the weight of the leg. Don’t let gravity pull the working leg down.