Goals & Benefits
- Stretch and strengthen the spine and abdominal muscles.
- Strengthens the seat and the connection to the spine.
- Opens the chest and encourages good posture.
- Reverses the effects of sitting for long periods of time.
Tips & Cues
- Make sure the abdominals are engaged and lifted off the mat to protect the low back.
- Start with the swan prep and advance to the rocking swan dive.
- Keep the legs together if at all possible.
- Left from the chest and upper back muscles and keep the neck long throughout.