Basic | Intermediate | Advanced
Goals & Benefits
- Stabilizes the core while strengthening the hips.
- Encourages flexibility in the back of the legs, hips and outer leg (iliotibial band).
- Encourages length in the spine.
- Strengthens the connection of the legs to the core by engaging the seat.
Tips & Cues
- Shoulders and head must always remain flat on the mat and neck remains long.
- Hold the upper leg steady a the end of each circle by deepening the abdominals. Anchor the lower leg.
- Practitioner may start with smaller circles until he or she can stabilize the torso.