Sit Down No Hands
Basic | Intermediate | Advanced
Goals & Benefits
- Goal is to sit with control as shown.
- Coordination, flexibility, strength, and balance.
- Research shows that being able to sit and stand up as shown is dramatically related to lifespan.
Tips & Cues
- Avoid if you have any injuries.
- Pull your stomach in and up to control the descent.
- Bend at your ankles, knees and hips.
- Reach arms forward as your seat goes backward.
- Advanced: cross one foot over the other and keep both flat on the floor.