Intermediate | Advanced
Goals & Benefits
- Strengthen the spine, seat, and abdominal muscles.
- Stretches the abdominal muscles and increases mobility of the neck.
- Opens the chest and encourages good posture.
- Reverses the effects of sitting for long periods of time.
Tips & Cues
- Make sure the abdominals are engaged and lifted off the mat to protect the low back.
- Rotate the neck evenly and with control.
- Keep the legs together if at all possible.
- Left from the chest and upper back muscles as opposed to just the neck.