Intermediate | Advanced
Goals & Benefits
- Strengthens the legs, seat, abdominal muscles, and the arms.
- Lengthens and twists the spine.
- Massages the spine.
- Pause at the top to build stability in the hips.
Tips & Cues
- First start by keeping the whole spine on the mat. Later build up to lifting the hips.
- Squeeze the legs together using the seat and inner thighs.
- Press the arms firmly into the mat for a strong foundation and an open chest.
- Legs lower to a level that can be controlled with a scooped belly.