The Spine Twist
Goals & Benefits
- A breathing exercise designed to wring the lungs of old air.
- Twisting of the spine lengthens and strengthens muscles of the back and abdominal muscles.
- Improves posture.
- Lengthens hamstrings and strengthens the seat and hips.
Tips & Cues
- Always lift the spine tall when twisting to keep discs safe.
- Keep the body upright and don’t fall behind your hips throughout.
- Flex the feet strongly and glue them together to stabilize the hips.
- Go a little farther with each twist. Don’t pulse and let go of your twist on the double beat.