Side Kicks Big Scissors
Goals & Benefits
- Strengthens the legs, seat, and hips and side waist.
- Strengthens and stabilizes the torso.
- Builds flexibility and range of motion in the hip.
- The obliques are strengthened by holding the weight of both legs off the mat.
Tips & Cues
- Keep the upper body still throughout the exercises.
- Keep the upper hip stacked on top of the lower hip and don’t roll back.
- Start with a range of motion that can be controlled and increase as strength increases.
- Remain lifted in the upper body in the side bend.