Double Straight Leg Stretch
Intermediate | Advanced
Goals & Benefits
- The fourth of the stomach series provides a greater challenge to the abdominal muscles.
- Strengthens and lengthens the leg muscles.
- The weight of both legs is controlled by the seat and abdominal muscles.
- Challenges the stabilization of the pelvis.
Tips & Cues
- Do not allow the back to arch off the mat when extending the legs.
- Squeeze the inner thighs and glutes as the legs extend.
- Keep the shoulders lifted as the legs lower by holding the weight of the head with the abdominal muscles.
- The accent is on the lift of the legs.