Goals & Benefits
- A deep stretch of the whole front body including shoulders, chest, abdominals, hip fronts and knees.
- Strengthening for the back and seat.
- Creates rhythm and coordinates breath and movement.
- Requires control, balance, and coordination.
Tips & Cues
- Always keep the chest open even as the body rocks forward.
- Initiate the movement from the lifting of the chest and lifting of thighs- not by throwing the head.
- Keep the abdominals pulled in tightly to protect the low back.
- Keep the neck long.