How Pilates Can Help You Improve Your Balance
Are you struggling to maintain your balance during your daily activities? Do you feel unsteady when walking or standing for long periods of time? If so, you’re not alone! This is very common but the good news is that Pilates can help you improve your balance and stability.
Before we dive into how Pilates helps improve your balance and stability, it’s important to understand why taking time to improve balance is important! Good balance helps prevent falls, improves posture, and makes daily activities easier. Life is better when you don’t have to think about your functional balance and strength.
Practicing Pilates will help you improve your balance and stability by strengthening your core muscles, improve body awareness, and can teach you how to move smoothly and efficiently with control and coordination.
Our new 5-class series with Amy Berger, Standing Balance, is a fun, safe and effective way to improve the 3 systems that control your balance: proprioception, vision and inner ears.
• Proprioception is the sense of awareness and perception of the position and movement of our body in space. It’s the ability to sense the relative position of different parts of the body in relation to each other and to the surrounding environment, without relying on vision or touch!
• Vision plays a significant role in maintaining balance by orienting ourselves in space and providing information about the position of our body. Any impairment of our visual system can affect our ability to maintain balance and stability, especially in challenging or low-light conditions.
• Our inner ears play an important role in balance by housing the vestibular system, which is responsible for detecting and processing information about head position and movement. When we move our head, our ears send signals to our brain about the direction and speed of the movement, which helps us maintain balance and stability.
Ready to improve your balance and gain more stability in your life? Try out our new program on Pilatesology, Standing Balance!
Check Out Our Standing Balance Series!
Take a confident step forward with the Standing Balance series! This 5 class series is a fun, safe and effective way to improve the 3 systems that control our balance: proprioception, vision, and our inner ears. Amy Berger targets these 3 systems with progressively more challenging workouts.
In this series you will:
- Restore your confidence in activities you do in life
- Work the 3 systems that control balance
- Improve your strength and functional balance
- Get ready to have fun while gaining more stability in your life
Get ready to have fun while gaining more stability in your life!
We also have tons of fun, challenging classes that incorporate balance, see below and check out our full filtered list here.
Post a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.