Alisa's Reformer on...

Notifications
Clear all

Alisa's Reformer on the Mat

16 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

This mix of mat blended with reformer exercises will leave your bottom sore! Alisa teaches variations of Reformer exercises such as Footwork done standing up, Tree, Tendon Stretch, Russian & Front Splits combo, Kneeling Knee Stretches variations, and Standing Lunges.

8 Answers

Great class! I've been practicing pilates for about 7 years, and this was still challenging. I loved the flow as well - even when Alisa explains/clarifies movements, the class does not pause.

Topic starter

This video is FIXED! it now has the full 45 minutes of original footage. Lets call this "the Directors Cut" un-editied version.

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt Topic starter 16/03/2012 11:06 am

You're welcome!! I love that workout too, it always leave me sore all over. I will do more like this one so you'll have some variety and in June, we'll be putting up classes with the teacher who shared some of these genius moves with me. You will love him! The small weighted balls weren't something Joe used in his studio so they are not technically a classical prop but I will check with Jay to see if there's a legit way to use them :).

Loved it. We moved along quickly with no fuss, got a good strong abdominal workout and tweaked lots of muscles that don't get that much attention in a regular mat workout, ie standing glute work, hamstrings. Great if you're needing a class that makes you feel thoroughly worked over!

I just joined yesterday. This was my first workout and I loved it! I love all your cues Alisa.
So happy I found Pilatesology!!
geraldine

WOW! Loved this class definitely going to be put into my favorites!

After i tried and survived it (it is indeed a very strong pilates workout that I wasn't able to follow to the very end), will try to weave 'reformer on the mat' in my workouts at least once a week. It is so much worth it, wakes up the muscles i had no idea of and next day allows you to feel like a medival knight with a very heavy armour on (in particular legs parts) but all beaming. Thank you Alisa!

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt Topic starter 19/11/2013 2:36 pm

Hi Katarzyna, I love your image of a medieval knight's armor the day after this workout, it's so true! I never knew how much 'help' the Reformer gives you until I tried this workout without the Reformer, it woke me up too. Thank you for working out with me!!

Loved it! Alisa you have a special way of making everyone work hard, while having so much fun! So nice to change things up and still have all the advanced moves in there too. The last exercise on the mat, I feel is so important. In ballet, I learned to love tendu, it teaches people how to connect their toes to their hips ( and makes rockin' good legs). Since I don't have a reformer any more, I need all these additions!

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt Topic starter 13/10/2015 11:47 am

Thanks Kara!! Always fun working out with you :)!

No wonder you have such a great butt Alisa!