Teaching Clients wi...

Notifications
Clear all

Teaching Clients with Disc Herniation

21 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

If you’re working with clients who are recovering from a herniated disc in the lumbar spine, this mini workshop will give you the information and tools you need to proceed with confidence. Sonje begins by giving  a brief explanation of what a client with disc herniation will have been doing in Physical Therapy (lots of extension) and how to begin rebuilding the muscles in the front of the body without putting the spine at risk. You’ll come away with a complete progression of exercises and knowledge of how to know when to move to the next step. NOTE: You can find the pad that Sonje uses under the spine here: D Pad. For lessons, workshop requests, teacher training, and Schroth work, visit Sonjé Mayo at http://Sonjémayo.com/ . Filmed at Pilatesology Studio.

Link to pillow?

Topic starter

I have emailed you the links

link to pillow, me too please.

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 12/02/2019 6:08 am

I will email you the links

I really enjoyed this mini workshop. Also, please email me a link to the pillow: info@corepointpilates.com . Thank you.

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 12/02/2019 7:19 pm

Great! I will email you the links.

Sorry everyone, the link to the pillow is now in the description--I had missed adding it in there and it finally occurred to me why you were all asking for it :).

Hi Sonje,
This pillow is currently out of stock and Amazon isn't sure if it will be back in. Any other brands you like?

great workshop sonje! so many people with back issues and they are SO
afraid to move. love your emphasis on this and gaining trust by going slow and being deliberate. thank you!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 13/03/2019 8:55 am

Patience is a virtue! Thanks for your feedback.

wonderful Tutorial!really helpful and very well explained,thank you so much.

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 13/03/2019 8:54 am

Thanks so much for your positive input!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 23/05/2019 12:55 am

Thank you for your positive feedback!

So much helpful!!! Thanks a lot!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 23/05/2019 12:55 am

Wonderful!

Thanks a lot! Can i get to link ? ( to pillow)

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 23/05/2019 12:12 am

Thanks! I will send you the links.

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 23/05/2019 12:54 am

Please email me so that I can send the links to your email address
sonjekm@gmail.com

Great workshop Sonje, thank you. Love your emphasis on careful, patient work, keeping to principles of the work but showing us there is still so much they can do. Following the link to the D pillow ..... it's out of stock and neither Amazon nor the Core company can say when it will be back in. The pillow you use looks quite soft/pliable and not too high; is it about 10 cm high? Just so I can find another make that will do as good a job. Thank you.

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 09/07/2019 11:54 pm

Thanks Carlie! Yes it appears that my videos have caused a sellout......
If you are referring to the small D-roll from Core Products SKU 313, it is only about 5 cms high
The bigger complete roll is 5 INCHES in diameter