Powerhouse Attack M...

Notifications
Clear all

Powerhouse Attack Mat

16 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Molly leads a fun mat session that incorporates moves you would normally do on the Reformer. Her cues give extra attention to finding your abs deeply so get ready to feel the burn (in a good way)!

9 Answers

Great class!! I love it. Thanks

Really burning class! Thanks

Molly Niles Renshaw Molly Niles Renshaw Topic starter 12/01/2016 4:03 pm

Glad you felt the burn! xx

Topic starter

Thanks, Dolores!

Absolutely loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saved it to my favorites & I will be redoing this one plenty of times (:
Also I love the unitard you are wearing. Where did you get it from?

Molly Niles Renshaw Molly Niles Renshaw Topic starter 13/01/2016 8:01 am

Lol, Thanks! I got that unitard from a Pilates teacher from Brazil. She brings them back when she goes for a visit. I'll ask when her next trip is. xMolly

Loved the reformer elements in this mat class! Thank you.

Molly Niles Renshaw Molly Niles Renshaw Topic starter 14/01/2016 8:54 am

Glad you liked it, Mindy!

Love it !!Thank you great workout~

Molly Niles Renshaw Molly Niles Renshaw Topic starter 14/01/2016 8:57 am

Thanks, Yoshi!

I really enjoyed this class, thank you! Do you have an alternative for the exercises with foot strap? As much as I would love to own one of those raised mats, and even if I could find somewhere to buy it in the UK...the price is rather eye-watering!

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt 30/01/2016 10:19 am

HI Lemonjaffacake!
Yes- you can do all the exercises that use the foot strap with just a regular mat- you just need to work a lot harder to keep your heels on the mat. Just push them down down down down .
Same goes for the poles at the other end of the mat- for those exercises you keep your hands down on the mat - palms down- and use your arms for leverage...: )
Enjoy!!

Jack

Molly Niles Renshaw Molly Niles Renshaw Topic starter 30/01/2016 10:33 am

I hear ya, Lemonjaffacake! Equipment is expensive. The good news is you can do all of the exercises without the strap. On the Short Box series just bend your knees on the hug roll back. For the straight back, side-to-side and twist make the range smaller. You can do it all just make it a bit smaller so you can control it. The Tree is definitely nicer with a strap but still doable. Square your hips and use your powerhouse like crazy as you go backwards. On the way up, anchor the extended leg, use your arms to climb up. All of it is harder with no strap but still doable. POWERHOUSE POWERHOUSE POWERHOUSE! Good luck!

Love your teaching style! Very accessible and also so challenging!

I've exhasted after this. It was really fun and reminded working out with reformet. 🙂