Improve Your Posture with Pilates
Did you know having good posture does more than make you feel confident by standing taller? It also improves your overall health and wellbeing by realigning your body, managing aches and pains, and even helps your breathing.
Common day-to-day activities can be a detriment to our posture, like sitting at a desk all day or slouching over the steering wheel. It’s important to counteract these positions by strengthening your powerhouse and stabilizer muscles to encourage proper posture.*
“Proper posture is important for good health. Good posture means that your bones are properly aligned and your muscles, joints, and ligaments can work as nature intended. It means your vital organs are in the right position and can function at peak efficiency. Good posture helps contribute to the normal functioning of the nervous system.”
Source: American Chiropractic Association. (n.d.). Posture.
Pilates will help you move more efficiently and promote optimal alignment and better posture. The exercises in Pilates strengthen your core muscles, including your abdominals, pelvic floor, glutes, and muscles around your spine, which all play a huge role in your posture and standing/sitting upright.
By focusing on improving your posture, you’ll see amazing benefits like:
• Better balance, stability, and mobility to move more efficiently throughout the day.
• Less aches and pains when your body maintains proper form and the joints align, eliminating unnecessary strain.
• Increased lung capacity and less headaches by allowing your lungs more space to expand.
• Decreased risk of injury during exercise by promoting safe movement in your joints.
• More energy & self confidence! You’ll be standing taller, clothes will fit you better, and you’ll have less fatigue because your muscles will be moving as intended.
Ready to stand tall with beautiful posture? Try out our new program on Pilatesology, The Posture Clinic! Teresa Shupe leads 5 classes aimed at energizing and refreshing your body while restoring the support structure that gives us ideal posture.
Check Out Our Posture Clinic Series!
The Posture Clinic Series is here to return you to upright with 5 classes aimed at the components that give us beautiful standing and sitting posture. You’ll stretch and mobilize stuck areas while strengthening the weak and tight spots that prevent you from lengthening your spine with ease.
In this series you will:
- Restore ease in your upright posture
- Strengthen weak areas that prevent good posture
- Mobilize and stretch tight areas
- Energize and refresh your whole body
We also have tons of fun, challenging classes that incorporate posture, see below and check out our full filtered list here.
Post a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.