Case Study: Stephan...

Notifications
Clear all

Case Study: Stephanie's First Lesson

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

In this session aimed at teachers, Alisa takes a first timer through her paces. Along the way, Alisa shares how she structures the lesson according to Romana's framework, how she trains her student to change the apparatus and what she chooses to correct (or not) at this early stage in Stephanie's Pilates journey. You can find printable lists of the order of exercises here: Reformer - Romana BasicsMat - Romana Basics. Check out our complete Exercise Lists & Sequences section for more. For Alisa's workshop schedule visit: http://www.alisawyatt.com .

3 Answers

What a great idea! An interactive class! Smarties you are! Can't wait to read the feedback.

Perhaps adding some barrel leg work would give her a boost to open her back and hips.

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt Topic starter 04/06/2017 11:04 am

I give Jack credit for thinking of the interactive idea :). I agree with you Sue, the barrels will be super for her hips. What do you think about adding the Ladder Barrel Leg Stretches to her list for next time?

I love the progression for both a newbie with general pelvic...misalignment patterns. I would maintain this program adding on single leg hip balance / strengthening / stability approaches in Chair proceeding to seated Ball and then Standing.

Lovely and enjoyable session, it’s so nice to see real beginners and you both worked beautifully together. I think you did great choices with the high chair and the wall. Another option would have been leg springs on the Cadillac to strengthen the backs of her legs, hips and open the lower back and hips. The wall was a brilliant ending and it was good to review the sauts that I tend to miss out! Thanks Alisa and Stephanie (and Jack)