Goals & Benefits:
- Stretches the front of the thighs.
- Strengthens the back of the thighs, seat, and abdominal muscles.
- Encourages length in the spine. Keep lifting!
- Essential prep for the more advanced hip opening exercises that follow.
Tips & Cues:
- You may almost feel a bit of roundness in the low spine to avoid arching the low back.
- Pull up through the abdominal muscles and take it slowly if there is any pain in the knees.
- The arm connection to the back will strengthen the whole system.
- Keep pressing the glutes forward to open the front of the hip completely.