Goals & Benefits:
· A breathing exercise to stimulate the heart and lungs and get blood circulating from head to toe.
· Sets the rhythm of the workout that follows.
· Gets the mind and body interacting while connecting the legs and arms to the powerhouse.
· Flushes the vital organs with oxygenated blood.
Tips & Cues:
· Relax neck and lower the head to the mat when tense.
· Focus stays on the abdomen- “hollow and scoop” the abs.
· If the back is strained, knees may bend until the practitioner can control the position of the spine.
· Arms beat rapidly to get the heart pumping.