Goals & Benefits:
- Strengthens the muscles of the back.
- Strengthens and lengthens the abdominal muscles.
- Opens the chest and lungs to encourage full breath.
- Gives a beautiful sense of opposition.
Tips & Cues:
- Keep the muscles of the neck long and the belly lifted.
- Stretch fingertips away from toes creating as much length as possible in the body.
- Keep the legs straight and long and control them from the seat.
- Inhale fully for 5 counts and exhale fully for 5 counts.
Watch our experts teach Swimming: