Single Straight Leg Stretch
Goals & Benefits:
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles while stretching the hamstrings and strengthening the legs.
- Legs pulse twice to deepen the stretch in the hamstrings.
- Keeps the rhythm of the work while increasing stamina.
- Holding the body steady while the legs work in a large range of motion encourages stability in the torso.
Tips & Cues:
- Elbows bend out to the side, connecting the arms to the upper abdominal muscles.
- Center of the body deepens and roots the center to the mat.
- Make sure the upper back remains long and the shoulders do not round forward.
- Control both the lifting and lowering of the legs.