Single Leg Kicks
Goals & Benefits:
- Works muscles of the hamstrings and seat.
- Stretches the thighs and stomach muscles.
- Strengthens the upper back and triceps and lifts the upper body.
- Builds hip stability.
Tips & Cues:
- Remain perfectly still in the torso and hips while kicking the heel to the seat.
- Press down with the elbows to create lift and length in the upper body.
- Make sure the abdominal muscles are lifted to support the low back.
- Make sure the hip fronts are anchored to the mat during the kick.