Goals & Benefits:
- Strengthens the legs, seat, and hips.
- Strengthens and stabilizes the torso.
- Builds range of motion in the hip and flexibility in the hip flexors, quadriceps, and knee.
- Encourages balance and coordination in the side lying position.
Tips & Cues:
- Keep the upper body still and lifted throughout the exercises.
- Keep the upper hip stacked on top of the lower hip and don’t roll forward or back.
- Try to keep the knee at hip height when the leg is behind the body.
- Always control the weight of the leg. Don’t let gravity pull the working leg down.