Goals & Benefits:
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles and muscles of the seat.
- Lengthens and articulates the spine.
- Stretches the hamstrings.
- Restores the head to an optimal position on the spine.
Tips & Cues:
- Keep the legs glued to the mat throughout the exercise.
- Keep the elbows stretched to the side so as to roll up with the abdominal muscles rather than yanking on the neck.
- At the top, gently press the head into the hands to restore the head to its optimal position on the spine.
- Enjoy the lifted position at the top to encourage good posture.