Goals & Benefits:
- A beautiful side bend to open the spine and chest.
- Prepares the arm for heavier side weight bearing exercises.
- Strengthens and lengthens the arms.
- Teaches lift of the spine in a side bend.
Tips & Cues:
- Keep the shoulders, especially the weight bearing shoulder away from the ear.
- Keep the chest open by making sure the upper arm doesn’t fall forward.
- Keep the focus of the stretch up to make sure both of the spine are open.
- Pull up tall through the center.
Watch our experts teach Mermaid: