Goals & Benefits:
· Stabilizes the core while strengthening the hips.
· Encourages flexibility in the back of the legs, hips and outer leg (iliotibial band).
· Encourages length in the spine.
· Strengthens the connection of the legs to the core by engaging the seat.
Tips & Cues:
· Shoulders and head must always remain flat on the mat and neck remains long.
· Hold the upper leg steady a the end of each circle by deepening the abdominals. Anchor the lower leg.
· Practitioner may start with smaller circles until he or she can stabilize the torso.