Double Leg Kicks
Goals & Benefits:
- Stretches and opens the upper back and chest.
- Strengthens the back of the legs and seat and upper back.
- Stretches and strengthens the abdominal muscles.
- Encourages good posture and reverses the effects of sitting.
Tips & Cues:
- Left the belly muscles so they don’t sag onto the mat to protect the low back.
- Keep the neck long as the upper back lifts.
- Reach the arms strongly toward the heels to engage the muscles of the upper back.
- Elongate the legs and they press into the mat behind you.
Watch our characters teach Double Leg Kicks: