The Criss Cross
Goals & Benefits:
- The final exercise of the stomach series works the oblique muscles and well as the other core muscles.
- The legs and torso lengthen as the spine twists.
- The twisting action squeezes the air from the lungs.
- Encourages balance by controlling the rocking of the body through the twist.
Tips & Cues:
- Make sure you are lifting and twisting in the torso- not the shoulders.
- Slow the tempo and hold to deepen the twist.
- Maintain the length and height of the reaching leg with the strength of the seat.
- Maintain a steady torso for more control and balance.