Notifications
Clear all

The Iron Shoe Mat

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Did you know that Joseph Pilates created a heavy shoe that you could strap onto your feet for a workout? Pilates teacher Joel Crosby decided to replicate it and sent us his version for a test drive. Check it out and if you've got your own Iron Shoes you can join Alisa for a mat workout. You can see the original shoe in this video (skip ahead to 2:55) about Joe Pilates summer home in Becket, MA. To purchase Joel's version of the shoe go to Vitality Pilates. Filmed at Pilatesology Studio.

Thank you Alisa:) You are doing an amazing job bringing us all of Joe's inventions:)

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt Topic starter 01/05/2019 11:26 am

THanks Ewa!

Alisa, It was so wonderful to watch you workout with the shoes. You are so strong!!! Your explanation of everything about the shoes is perfect. They are fun and challenging.
Thank you so much for making this video; it was lovely.
Joel Crosby

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt Topic starter 01/05/2019 11:18 am

I really like your replica of the iron shoe Joel, they're different than ankle weights and it feels like I got a better understanding of what Joe Pilates was aiming for. 🙂

Great job, Alisa!

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt Topic starter 04/05/2019 1:02 pm

Thanks Darien!

How much do the shoes weigh? Do they come in different sizes? Are they the same weight as you he original?

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt Topic starter 05/05/2019 10:56 am

I don't know the specific weight but I know it's listed on Joel's website: http://www.vitalitymethod.com/vitalityfootweights.html
You can email him there with any questions 🙂