Notifications
Clear all

Star Mat

47 Posts
24 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Ready for a fantastic workout? Kim Reis and her workout buddy Lucero Barry are here to make it fun and fast! Kim’s a master at making the hard stuff doable with her precise, easy-to-follow cues. Highlights that’ll improve your workout include: an advanced breathing pattern, several powerful side oblique strengtheners to correct imbalances in the torso, specific ways to use your eyes that assist and deepen exercises, how to use your heels to assist rolling up, a leg stretch to make kneeling side kicks easier, and a few of our favorite moves: the Side Bend with a Twist transitioned into Mermaid, the Star on the mat, and Romana’s special ending. Enjoy! Our thanks to Lucero Barry at Studio Reset in Portland, Oregon where this session was filmed. Visit Kim at www.kimreis.com.

24 Answers

Marvellous set of exercises; amazing order despite being different from the original. Love it to the utmost:)

Kim Reis Kim Reis Topic starter 05/06/2019 9:44 am

Thanks for working out with me, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Beautifully executed, concise effective queuing and wonderful variations on a theme. 10 out of10!!

Kim Reis Kim Reis Topic starter 05/06/2019 9:45 am

Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed this workout!

what a wonderful efficient half hour . so happy i took your class today kim!

Kim Reis Kim Reis Topic starter 20/08/2019 9:06 am

Thank you so much for joining me, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Nice to get it all accomplished in 35 minutes, right? 🙂

Delightful Lady Instructor. Strong execution with very excellent form. More of her mat interpretations please.

Kim Reis Kim Reis Topic starter 01/03/2020 5:34 pm

Thanks so much for taking my class. Stay tuned....more mat progressions are in the works. 🙂

Hi Kim...great workout! Hard because I’m between intermediate and advanced, but I loved the challenge. Quick question — I’m having a really hard time keeping my heels tucked in during rolling like a ball. Any advice? A way to get stronger and progress to keeping heels tucked. Thanks, Cindy

Topic starter

Hi Cindy!  So glad you enjoyed the workout and thanks for your question.  First off, let me say that bridging from Int. to Adv. is a BIG challenge, and good for you to go after it!  In fact, I'm going to work on some progressions to help with that process, so stay tuned...  In the meantime, I feel your struggle.  Most often, the difficulty of keeping the heels pulled in tight for Rolling Like a Ball comes from a tight spot in the spine.  If there is an area that doesn't articulate well, or a "flat spot," the heels will come away and then try to propel us through that spot.  How are your Roll Ups?  I would investigate the articulation of the Roll Up to see where you might "skip" the articulation.  I find the Half Roll Back a good way to explore this too.  Try rolling back from a seated position with the hands behind the thighs.  Stop every couple vertebra and exhale into that "C" curve to open up the spine and scoop the powerhouse.  Then try to let go with the hands and hold your scooped curve for a few breaths.  Hold back on to the thighs and go down another inch and repeat.  Make sense?  Slowly travel down the spine to work both the articulation and strength simultaneously.  Then, I would do some "easy" rolling with the hands behind the thighs to emphasize the "steam rolling" of the abs into the spine and the spine into the mat.  Do your best to steam roll both directions from the strength of your abdominals.  Then try holding the ankles again and see if over time if starts to improve.  Hope that helps.  Good luck and let me know how it goes!

I really enjoyed this! Awesome job!! Thanks for sharing 😊

Kim Reis Kim Reis Topic starter 06/04/2020 8:32 am

Thanks for joining me. Glad you liked it!

Thank you so much Kim! That was super Fun - just what I felt I need today. I Loved it! Those mermaids were very nice.

Kim Reis Kim Reis Topic starter 22/04/2020 9:59 am

Hi! Thanks so much for working out with me! I love those "yummy" mermaids too! Side bending always helps me feel better. Keep up the good work!

Thank you!!

Kim Reis Kim Reis Topic starter 22/04/2020 10:26 am

Thanks for joining me! Keep moving and stay healthy!

Kim, I have watched many of you videos, I love your continual smile and very precise cues. And appreciate the 14 day kick start. Stay healthy and well.

Kim Reis Kim Reis Topic starter 22/04/2020 4:55 pm

Thanks so much for your kind words and dedication. I'm excited for the challenge too! It will help keep us all going. Take care!

It was amazing !!!!! My body was in need of this !!!! Thanks a lot !!!

Kim Reis Kim Reis Topic starter 22/04/2020 4:56 pm

Thanks for joining me and I'm glad it felt good to your body. Keep up the great work!

Wow, a perfect start to my day. I really needed this. Thank you.

Kim Reis Kim Reis Topic starter 23/04/2020 7:08 pm

You are so very welcome! Thanks for working out with me and keep up the good work!

Super fun - I loved all the sequence changes - particularly can-can between the sides for side kicks and the combo side bend/mermaid. Thank you!

Kim Reis Kim Reis Topic starter 23/04/2020 7:12 pm

You are so very welcome, and thanks for working out with me! I'm glad you enjoyed the sequence and had fun! Best wishes, and stay healthy!

That was a great class! Thank you. Loved the teaser sandwich. 🙂

Kim Reis Kim Reis Topic starter 23/04/2020 7:14 pm

Ha! That's a fun one, right? Thanks for working out with me and I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Stay healthy!

Page 1 / 2