Spine Extension & P...

Notifications
Clear all

Spine Extension & Progressions

13 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Discover what it it means to extend the spine, the muscles involved and specific ways to cue different types of bodies to achieve maximum results. With Sonjé Mayo, extension is all about lengthening the spine and balancing it’s curves and she shares how to find optimal alignment on the Mat, Wunda Chair, Reformer, Ladder Barrel, and Spine Corrector. You’ll come away with specific exercises, progressions and cues to improve your own and your clients extension, posture and much more. For lessons, workshop requests and Schroth work, visit Sonjé Mayo at http://Sonjémayo.com/ . Filmed at Pilatesology Studio.

Just a fantastic learning opportunity. With all I have learned from Sonjé about not tucking it had not occurred to me that I was doing it and teaching it in Pelvic Lift on the reformer. Feels totally different to have that length in the front of the hips. Thank you!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 26/05/2019 10:01 am

Thanks Jon! Good that you have identified and eliminated "tucking"!
Once you understand that, your workout becomes so much elongated and lighter.

So good. I’m going to watch it again and again. Thank you

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 26/05/2019 9:58 am

Thank you! I am delighted that this has been of help!!

I enjoy all your videos and could watch this time and again. I do not know what close the fridge is referring to. Could you please explain.
Thank You,
Lindsay

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 28/05/2019 4:05 am

Hi Lindsay, "closing the fridge" means pulling your sitzbones towards one another, thus closing the double doors of the refrigerator.
This movement is the effective action required from the gluteal muscles as opposed to the dreaded 'tuck', which is just an exaggerated posterior pelvic tilt that shortens and compresses the lower spine
I hope that makes it clearer.

Learned so much from this class. Thank you Sonje for the amazing teaching abilities that you share with us!!!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 30/05/2019 4:40 pm

That makes me very happy indeed! Thank YOU!

Pilates and Sonje= Genius

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 01/06/2019 4:26 am

Vielen Dank Carolyne......das freut mich!

I just love your teaching Sonje -- thanks so much for so generously sharing your knowledge.

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 28/07/2019 12:33 pm

Thank you Laura for watching ......I am so happy to share whatever I know!