Muscle Action of th...

Notifications
Clear all

Muscle Action of the Vertical Pelvis

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

In this workshop aimed at teachers, Sonjé Mayo shares a deeper understanding of what she refers to as the Vertical Pelvis. As a young dance student in the 60s she met Joseph Pilates and he insisted that she focus her training on stabilizing her pelvis. Her lessons with him changed her dance ability completely and she was forever converted to Joe’s way of seeing movement and anatomy. Watch and learn from her how to easily assess different types of spines to achieve optimal pelvic alignment. She then demonstrates specific exercises on different spines to show how to cue and what to watch out for. For lessons, workshop requests and Schroth work, visit Sonjé Mayo at http://Sonjémayo.com/ . Filmed at Pilatesology Studio.

Another wonderful session . Thank you Sonje

Topic starter

Thank you for being such a loyal follower! Hopefully I will see you at one of my workshops soon.

Avatar Madhavi Abuja 17/06/2019 6:21 pm

For sure

What great information! Sonje put into words and visuals what I was only just understanding about my lordosis and how best to work properly in order to improve. Thank you so much, you are a wealth of knowledge.

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 04/07/2019 12:10 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your own “breakthrough” !
It will encourage others to watch and learn about themselves.

Thank you Sonje, I always love your work and watching you impart your wisdom! Can you tell me the name of the small wedge pillow you were using? Would you find those on a physio accessories store? It looks smaller than the gratz half moon pillow. Thanks!

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt 08/09/2019 3:42 pm

Hi Paigedent! I think you're looking for the 'D' shaped pillow. Here's both of the pillows Sonje uses in our store: https://pilatesology.com/product-category/props/

Thank you Sonje for sharing your knowledge in such an inspiring way! I finally understand what's wrong with my pelvis and can work on it!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 24/04/2020 6:41 pm

It is very gratifying for me to hear that. You will enjoy the journey towards perfection now that you have the knowledge!