Midline Mat with Sh...

Notifications
Clear all

Midline Mat with Shari

17 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Can you tell if your low abs are working correctly? If the answer is no then Shari Berkowitz can help! Join her for a flowing mat that will teach you how finding your midline can tell you which areas of your abs are working (and which have taken a vacation). Shari’s training as a bio-mechanist and ergonomist informs her classical Pilates teaching and you’ll love how her deep knowledge translates into abs that work! Visit Shari for teacher training, workshops and lessons at The Vertical Workshop. Our thanks to Shari’s student Roccio Cárceles and The Contrology Cohort in New York City where this was filmed.

This is a fantastic Joyful mat. I appreciate the mid line emphasis greatly. It realy ignited my powerhouse. Thank you!!!

Avatar Shari Berkowitz Topic starter 31/01/2020 3:53 pm

Erica, thank you!
I apologize that it's taken me months to realize that I have messages here!
Enjoy and reach out with any queries!
- Shari

Great class! Shari, would love a quick clarification: for single leg circles, do we keep the supporting leg at the mid-line/center of the mat rather than in line with that hip socket? Thank you!

Avatar Shari Berkowitz Topic starter 31/01/2020 3:55 pm

Hi, Martin,
Well...6 months later I have found this message and am desperate to reply!
Yes...the Ideal version of this exercise has the supporting leg on the mat in the midline. That's a solid challenge both to that leg and to the squaring of the pelvis. However, a modification would be having that leg in front of the hip socket.
Thanks, Martin!
- Shari

Outstanding Shari!!!thank you!you are the Best!!
Marta

Avatar Shari Berkowitz Topic starter 31/01/2020 3:55 pm

Marta! Thank you so much!!!
All the best to you!
- Shari

Loooooooove..

Avatar Shari Berkowitz Topic starter 31/01/2020 3:56 pm

xoxo!
- Shari

So happy and grateful to watch your classes. you are the best. Lots of love.

Avatar Shari Berkowitz Topic starter 31/01/2020 3:56 pm

Thank you so very much!
Enjoy teaching! Enjoy your midline!
- Shari

Whoa one side is not the same as the other! I already knew that but had no idea how good it would feel to work on it in this specific way. Thank you Shari, I loved the way you brought attention to the details and then flowed right through with that focus. Hugs from the midline!

Avatar Shari Berkowitz Topic starter 27/04/2020 3:44 pm

Ooh, Alisa, I love that you feel this way! Thank you for giving this a strong go!
Hugs back to you...from the midline!
- Shari

Thank you!

Avatar Shari Berkowitz Topic starter 29/04/2020 2:14 pm

Silke! And I thank you for watching!!
All the best to you!
- Shari

i feel my midline and powerhouse 😉 thank you Shari!

Avatar Shari Berkowitz Topic starter 30/04/2020 12:53 pm

I'm so glad that you feel so connected! Thank you for doing this mat workout!
Please feel free to join my Mat workouts on Mondays online: theverticalworkshop.com/register
You'll also see reformer, multi-apparatus and sessions.
Enjoy!
- Shari