Intermediate Mat wi...

Notifications
Clear all

Intermediate Mat with Sonjé

21 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Think Pilates is easy? Think again!! This workout with Sonjé Mayo begins with a deceptively simple warm up aimed at proper pelvic alignment. If you just did that five minutes, you’d be set up for a great day, but continue along and you’re in for a body-changing session in a quick ½ hour. For lessons, workshop requests, teacher training, and Schroth work, visit Sonjé Mayo at http://Sonjémayo.com/ . Filmed at Pilatesology Studio.

I have decided that you are my favorite instructor after watching dozens of Pilatesology videos. Thank you for being so clear and in sync with Joseph's methods. I love that you insist on proper form with every exercise which is not something I see from every instructor.

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 22/10/2018 7:16 am

Thank you Kathy! I appreciate your comment.
Being so 'picky' and consistent requires so much energy from the teacher.....sometimes I think we work harder than the students!

Loved working out with you this morning Sonje, this is the perfect warm up before playing volleyball :).

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 16/11/2018 12:57 pm

And I bet you played like an Olympic champion!!

great visual cueing , really enjoyed te flow. Thanks for a great workout

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 21/01/2019 10:48 am

That makes me very happy! Thanks for your feedback.

Sonje, I learn so much from your classes and movement descriptions. Thank You!!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 09/03/2019 1:09 pm

That is good to hear! Thank you for letting me know.

Thank you Sonje!you are a true inspiration,I admire you so much.
I just practice your class and i feel reborn!
thank you!love and light from London

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 13/03/2019 4:40 am

How wonderful to hear from London!! I am delighted that this class has been so inspirational for you.
Hopefully our paths will cross sometime, somewhere.....

hi! I just enjoyed this video! can you recommend an alternative head/arm position for the side leg exercises for someone that has a limited shoulder motion range? thanks!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 17/07/2019 12:49 pm

Hi there,
I am so sorry i missed this message.
For someone with limited shoulder range, they will need to lie flat with no elbow support.
The underneath arm can be stretched out with a small pillow in the neck for support or they can bend the bottom arm to provide head support if the shoulder allows that.

This is my first pilatesology class and I really enjoyed your teaching style Sonje . Thank you so much!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 17/07/2019 12:51 pm

Welcome to Pilatesology! I am so delighted that you have enjoyed the class.

Thank you Sonje...I'm really enjoying your videos! Super clear, I learn a lot from every video I watch. I have a studio in Asheville, so hope to come visit your place sometime!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 23/01/2020 11:32 am

Hi Alexis,
Thank you for your positive feedback.
I sincerely hope that you will visit me in Nashville sometime!

WOW! This was great! THIS is how you teach a mat class. I so appreciated all those corrections. Mat is tough and I loved it. Thank you so much!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 08/04/2020 5:53 pm

Thank you Tracy!! I am delighted that you got a good, informative workout!

I can't get enough of Sonje's classes. May we have more please?

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 15/04/2020 6:08 am

Thank you for your positive comment.....it is always good to hear!