Home Reformer Worko...

Notifications
Clear all

Home Reformer Workout

17 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

If you own a home Reformer, this workout is for you! Using an older model Pilates Performer, Alisa leads a flowing basic routine that you can do every day, with detailed instructions from where to place your feet to how many bungee cords to use for each exercise. It's a full body workout aimed at building strength, flexibility and gorgeous posture and you don't need the Reformer box.

I have one of these at home, no room for a professional model. Thanks for including this workout, look forward to doing this with you at the end of my workday today. Lovely scenery, still pretty bleak here in Chicago but something to look forward to!

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt Topic starter 12/03/2015 10:31 am

Yes it was a very bright November morning when we filmed this on my brother's patio. Hope it brings some sunshine to you in Chicago!

Of interest The PILATES PERFORMER is advertised in the book - THE PILATES METHOD OF BODY CONDITIONING (1999) by Romana Kryzanowska & Sean Gallagher under the heading "Official Apparatus of the Pilates Studio". The Basic model was priced at $369.00 plus S & H!

Alisa may I ask you a few questions about your experience in using the PERFORMER please!
1. The carriage seemed a little stubborn and did not appear to the naked eye to glide so freely as a the Studio Apparatus we see on Pilatesology to-day.?

2. When you demonstrated the ELEPHANT it looked to be quite challenging to get the carriage to move?

3. Bearing in mind my crude observations, what was the difference between the resistance you experienced with the Bungee Cords on the PERFORMER when you compare it with the springs used in your studio Reformer?
Lovely to see you back demonstrating on PILATESOLOGY.

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt Topic starter 12/03/2015 3:07 pm

Hi Colin, In answer to your questions:

1. The carriage seemed a little stubborn and did not appear to the naked eye to glide so freely as a the Studio Apparatus we see on Pilatesology to-day.?
Actually the carriage only seemed stubborn to the viewer, it was quite smooth but very creaky sounding (it's 'vintage,' at least 12 years old I believe).

2. When you demonstrated the ELEPHANT it looked to be quite challenging to get the carriage to move?
It was not as challenging as a Gratz reformer so I was working hard to control the movement, which made it challenging in a different way.

3. Bearing in mind my crude observations, what was the difference between the resistance you experienced with the Bungee Cords on the PERFORMER when you compare it with the springs used in your studio Reformer?
Since the bungee cords on the reformer I was using were very old, I am guessing they were providing less resistance than when this item is new. I noticed that it would be easy to replace them but we didn't have time. The resistance was less than a Gratz reformer but still challenging and I felt the apparatus gave me a great workout!
Lovely to see you back demonstrating on PILATESOLOGY.

Avatar joesmat 12/03/2015 11:11 pm

On a scale of 0 - 10 where 10 = the Resistance you experience with your Gratz Reformer, how would you score your experience on the PERFORMER with the very old Bungee Cords?
Thank you for your most helpful response Alisa.

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt Topic starter 17/03/2015 5:59 pm

The Performer is a totally different experience from a Gratz so it's hard to give a rating but if I had to I'd say it's about a 6 or a 7 in comparison. 🙂

Thanks Alisa, perfect for my stepmom ;))))

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt Topic starter 12/03/2015 3:08 pm

I look forward to hearing how your stepmom does Sunni!

soul_eil soul_eil 17/03/2015 2:20 pm

Hi Alisa, well I gave my stepmom 73, and her sister, my aunt 86,
each a workout. Both did really well, I was frustrated because of the videos they watch from the home shopping network, so initially they fought me on some moves, then as they watched their videos again, they pointed out to me the mistakes (numerous) in form, and exercises that don't really exist in the real Pilates world. So it was good. My aunt loved the foot positions done correctly and said that really helped her, and both of their backs and hips felt better. So I feel it is a success. They aren't ready for anything more advanced yet. Feet in the straps was really interesting, lol... And reining in this circles. It was fun overall. Thank you for figuring out the bungee cord/vs spring ratio 😉

soul_eil soul_eil 17/03/2015 2:22 pm

The circles

Feeling great after doing this workout! I enjoyed the pace and the clear, simple cueing. In downsizing my business and for sake of space (I live in a small beach house) I sold my studio equipment and have been using my home Performer, Malibu Pilates Chair and Ellen Croft Supreme Pilates tower to keep me in Pilates shape! The home Performer videos reassured me that I can do an advanced Pilates workout with out having studio grade equipment! Any chance of making some Malibu Pilates Chair and Supreme Pilates videos? I'm loving Pilatesology!

I really enjoyed this workout. The pace was perfect and the form tips wonderful Alisa! I can't wait until my Gratz Conversion Cadillac arrives. Yes! Cadillac! It's a long story but in short I have a prince of a husband.

This was a great class! I have been having trouble translating the classroom reformers to my 3 cord one- so i REALLY appreciated this class.

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt Topic starter 12/02/2020 9:28 pm

That's so great to hear rheller25! Thanks for your feedback.