Complete Basic Refo...

Notifications
Clear all

Complete Basic Reformer with Sonje

36 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Find out what it was like to work with Joseph Pilates on the Reformer from someone who knew him. Sonje Mayo shares details directly from her experience in Joe’s studio—from how to get on properly, to how to pick up the box—all the while all the while taking you through an INTENSE (and we mean that in a good way) workout that will challenge the most seasoned practitioner, not just beginners. This is a great class for anyone with experience and a strong familiarity with the basics on the Reformer. For lessons, workshop requests, teacher training, and Schroth work, visit Sonjé Mayo at http://Sonjemayo.com/ .

Thank you Sonje. That was wonderful. Bringing it all back to basics.

Topic starter

So simple......yet so demanding!

Sonje, dear:) how great to have you here again ... Thank You:)

p.s. its this magic about Sonje's teaching that you just want to surrender; do whatever SHE wants you to do; never make comments, never argue - it is said and done! Love it!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 09/04/2018 6:10 am

Thank you my dear.....I suppose it is ultimately all about trust.....

How wonderful to see you again and enjoy your teaching. Hoping you will be back again to Europe soon.

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 09/04/2018 7:22 am

I will be back in Stuttgart next summer and I hope to see you again!

You are an inspiration and a delight to watch and listen to, Thank You for keeping Joseph true to your heart and ours.

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 11/04/2018 4:22 am

Thank you....people like you will keep the tradition alive.

Thank you so much, Sonje. Is this the order you learned from Mr. Pilates? I have a few technical questions I'd like to ask, I'll email them to you, if that's alright? Can't wait to have you on my show again!????????????

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 12/04/2018 7:21 pm

The order was largely created by Romana. Joe Pilates used to vary the workout on different equipment, so that he got the best out of the client.
However Joe was very strict about how you got on and off the reformer.
You are welcome to email me with questions.

Thank you I love your teaching, Feels like home when I hear you teach!!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 18/04/2018 4:29 am

With a name like that, you have to be South African! I am happy that I am reaching some of you.

Thank you, Sonje! Such a joy to hear Joe stores and see such super teaching . Here the basics are basically good, hard work when presented with this vigor and consistency. Question: the Stork? Where and when did that name come to the system?

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 26/04/2018 6:55 am

Thank you.... The 'Stork' was introduced for people with short hamstrings, like most men.
It is the preparatory exercise for doing ''Elephant" with one leg extended in arabesque, which requires more pelvic stability.
This workout on the video is closer to low Intermediate level.

I really really love your teaching Sonjé! And so happy I got the meet you here in NJ where we shared Indian food ???? can’t wait to take a class with you!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 11/05/2018 8:40 am

Oh I remember you Elvy.....look forward to seeing you again in the future!

I’m inspired! What a wonderful session! I love hearing Joe and Roman’s stories! Thank you for sharing your knowledge; it was a pleasure to watch and listen:-)

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 13/08/2018 10:35 am

I am so delighted that your battery has been charged!

Oh my that was so fun! I getting delivery of my own personal Gratz reformer and I can hardly wait. Thank you so much .

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 25/08/2018 1:20 pm

You are going to LOVE your Gratz! Enjoy!

Hi Sonje! I loved to see how a basic workout can be so intense! Thank you for bringing us this excellent lesson!
I have a question about stomach massage series. How should we position our pelvis? Should it be done sitting on the sitbones and in neutral position or is it between the sitbones and the sacrum (posterior tilt)? Thanks again!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 02/09/2018 3:06 pm

You will be sitting somewhere between your sitzbones and the sacrum BUT there is NO SAG in the lower back......still think of that huge lift that you need to obtain a balanced 'C' curve.
Depending on different body types, the pelvic position will vary from person to person, so everyone has to find that optimal position, with a long waist and shoulders directly over the hips
That means that the 'C' curve initiates from the center spine and will cause overflow into the pelvis, but one is so lifted to avoid over 'tucking' and hence the sag in the lower back.
The Stomach Massage Series takes a lifetime to perfect.....maybe that is why it is already in the Basic Level.
Hope that helps.....it is really difficult to teach.
Best,

Avatar Joao.gsv.oliveira 03/09/2018 7:27 am

Thank you very much! Indeed, it was very helpful.
I have another question for you, which I think it's very technical. Would you mind if I send you an email?

Thank you!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 03/09/2018 8:22 am

Yes please do....I am happy to help!

Love this class Sonje. Thank you! I also enjoyed watching these strong fabulous girls. Yay.

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 03/09/2018 10:53 am

Thanks Lori! That is a wonderful compliment coming from someone like you.
I am one of your most ardent admirers and I hope we get to meet one day!

Page 1 / 2