Beginner Progressio...

Notifications
Clear all

Beginner Progression - Class 2 of 10

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

In Class 2 of this Beginner series, you'll learn the first exercises taught in the classical mat. If you've never done Pilates before, this super slow session will teach you the basics with lots of detailed information so you can hone your form and get a solid foundation going. Alisa describes what each movement is good for so you'll know what to focus on. This is a great class to do when you wake up in the morning or anytime your body needs a quick restore. Filmed at Pilatesology Studio in Hermosa Beach, CA.

Next Class

Quick Start Home

5 Answers

Thank you Alisa, I really enjoyed this class and I got a lot of inpiration for my classes. Good examples to teach the movement in a way that everybody can do. Well done!

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt Topic starter 25/09/2017 3:55 pm

Glad you liked it SabrinaHorak :)!

Hi Alisa,
I just was wondering why you did not include rolling like a ball? Great break down of all the other basics. Thank you

Thank you! That was great!

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt Topic starter 21/01/2019 2:43 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Lance!

this is just great, Alisa! the detailed instructions are really helpful. The more the actions are broken down, the more sense they make (and the harder even the simplest moves become).

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt Topic starter 12/03/2020 4:47 pm

Right?! It's so much harder to move with precision and it really makes a difference in your results. Thanks for working out with me!

This may be a weird question/comment, but insight is appreciated. I've now tried a lot of these intro classes and am getting a little more comfortable w/ the movements.  However, whenever I do leg circles with my left leg, my hip pops.  Every time at the exact same "spot" in the circle.  I am a very creaky person generally and the pop doesn't hurt, but does this mean i'm doing something wrong/or the angles are wrong?  Thanks for any insight!

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt Topic starter 11/04/2020 7:48 pm

Hi LynH! Not a weird question at all--it's probably the most common thing people ask about along with to foot and calf cramps. I have a click in my left hip too, it's much more common in women than men so I suspect our childbearing hips have a shape that makes more noise. It could be the sound of your body warming up and joints getting lubricated or who knows. If it doesn't hurt don't worry about it but do try making your circles smaller and more controlled and see if that helps. I find if I set myself up before class with a few Pre-Pilates exercises (try this class), that usually eliminates it. The more my lower stomach is working the less noise in my hip.🙂