Balancing Mat for S...

Notifications
Clear all

Balancing Mat for Seniors

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Our ability to balance can suffer as we age due to patterns of compensation in the body resulting from injury, surgery or inactivity. In this session, Alisa takes you through a class to help rebuild balance with simple and straightforward exercises. She addresses 3 important components of balance that she calls: 1) the Inner Ear System; 2) the Core Muscles; 3) the Neuromuscular Map. While explaining each system, she leads you through exercises that will bring awareness to and improve your balance. During the class, Alisa also gives several exercises that can be incorporated into daily life as a reminder and way to continue the work from class. Props used for this class include: a rolling pin or wine bottle, Magic Circle, 2 lb Arm Weights, a chair to use for balance.

5 Answers

Great class in balancing. Going to tell my friend about these exercises - she has an inner ear problem.This class is being saved in my favorites. Thanks Alisa!

Topic starter

I hope it helps her, thank you for sharing!

Hi Alisa,
This is quite a challange for me. It means I need it. Thank you for coming up with this series!

Thank you for this lesson...the last part was especially hard for me to do properly. At 64, this is clearly my weak part, so now I know what to do as well as where I am vulnerable.

thank you for the great class. and I might add, you have a lovely, intelligent voice. some of the teachers on this site either sound arrogant or like they are talking to kindergarteners.