Arm Chair with Sonj...

Notifications
Clear all

Arm Chair with Sonjé

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

The Arm Chair has a reputation for being easy but with Sonjé Mayo at the wheel, you can throw that out the window. In this session, she takes her student Hilary Norcross through a basic set of exercises with cues aimed at elongating her back, opening her chest and strengthening her posture. If you have your own Arm Chair, join her to understand the intensity it takes to get the most out of it. For lessons, workshop requests and Schroth work, visit Sonjé Mayo at http://Sonjémayo.com/ . Filmed at Pilatesology Studio.

Great expertise; excellent tailor-made workout for the lady in question. She feels it enormously; it shows:) Thanks, Sonje.

Topic starter

The Arm Chair is such a challenge and thank you for your feedback!
This particular lady has a 'menopausal' shoulder so you were very astute to note that I had to consider that very carefully.....

A very gifted teacher and my favourite piece of apparatus, a win win situation! I'm so pleased that you mentioned that stronger guys can go on this apparatus if they know what they are doing and do not muscle through.

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 12/05/2019 4:18 am

Thank you Jon! I hope our paths cross one day......

Wonderful workout, thank you!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 12/05/2019 4:15 am

Thank you for watching and posting positive feedback!

Wonderful tutorial Sonje! Baby chair is so under used I think because it is not really understood. This presentation makes more sense then any I have seen.
Thank you for your contribution to Pilates. You are very appreciated.

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 12/05/2019 4:13 am

Thank you for your appreciative comments! It is so gratifying to know that I have made a small contribution.

Wow! How many exercises and how deep you reach!! Thanks a lot!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 12/05/2019 3:13 pm

I just love the range of exercises on the Arm Chair......it is such a great workout and I am delighted that you agree!