Andrea's Reformer o...

Notifications
Clear all

Andrea's Reformer on the Mat

17 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

If you think Pilates on the Reformer is easier than on the Mat, this class just might change your mind. Take the help of the springs away and you’ll quickly discover where they have been allowing you to cheat. Andrea’s own sequence brings fun surprises like Rowing using arm weights, the Short Box on the Mat, Elephant Walk, Side Splits, Russian Splits and more. Visit Andrea at: www.pilatesandrea.com.

Because I only have a mat, I liked how you used weights with your exercises and at the end of your workout had some different exercises which made the workout fun.

Andrea Maida Andrea Maida Topic starter 05/12/2012 11:47 am

Thank you lainey48 - Good for you to be up for the challenge of these Reformer exercises sans reformer - Thank you so much for your comments.

Great practitioner! And Teacher of course!

Andrea Maida Andrea Maida Topic starter 05/12/2012 11:45 am

I think I should reply to everyone individually...whoopsie for the group reply - what was I thinking? Thank you joesmat for your lovely compliments...I hope you have taken this one for a spin 🙂

Andrea, I enjoy watching your videos for your superb form and also your fantastic sense of humor! I know I will always get a chuckle somewhere along the workout. Today I watched your workout, next I will do it along with you 🙂

Topic starter

lainey48, thank you so much for your kind words and I hope you enjoyed a little taste of the reformer in the hardest way - on the mat. Sometimes it's fun to just challenge yourself in these seemingly impossible exercises. Good for you!
joesmat thank you for the lovely compliments...:)
lghammerle, you bet - Pilates is hard sweaty work and I thank you - I always think especially in the rolling exercises it helps to have a sense of humor...but that really goes for all the exercises. You should have a fun time doing something good for yourself I say...the body is always full of surprises - well mine is 🙂 You are like me - I love to watch the videos first and then do the workout - I have a couple on my list right now, actually...

Love you and your work lady!

Andrea Maida Andrea Maida Topic starter 07/02/2013 8:24 am

OMG right back atcha, Kathi! Love to you too 🙂
xox

Love the Elephant Walk! Thanks Andrea.

Andrea Maida Andrea Maida Topic starter 10/02/2013 9:32 am

Thanks Frank! I so love that Elephant walk too - it is such a nice stretch just doing it a bit during the workday between clients. Also makes me think of the video of Joe Pilates 'elephant walking' out in nature 🙂

Loved this class Andrea!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was so challenging but so much fun:-)
Thank you
Shelley

Andrea Maida Andrea Maida Topic starter 05/10/2013 7:31 am

Shelley,
Thanks so much for watching - this was a fun one to make 🙂

Great workout. Thank you! Paola (from Italy)

Andrea Maida Andrea Maida Topic starter 08/07/2015 7:17 am

Thank you so much! And good for you - this is tough stuff 🙂

Wonderful Andrea! Love your work and love you!!! xxx

Andrea Maida Andrea Maida Topic starter 06/12/2017 6:05 pm

Thanks Luz !! Glad you enjoyed and good for you that stuff is hard LOL - love to you!