Advanced is in the ...

Notifications
Clear all

Advanced is in the Details

24 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Think you can rock an advanced Reformer workout? You can with Sonjé Mayo! Her first Pilates lessons were with Joe Pilates himself and with her keen attention to detail, you’ll learn something significant with every exercise, from how you mount the Reformer to the hardest version of Elephant you’ve ever done. You won’t get to indulge your bad habits because as Sonjé quips, “it’s not about range; it’s always about form.” For lessons, workshop requests and Schroth work, visit Sonjé Mayo at http://Sonjémayo.com/ . Filmed at Pilatesology Studio.

Dear Sonye,

Everytime I see you, I am enjoying your style of teaching. I was wondering if the Short Spine Massage transition is Joseph's?

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 01/03/2020 6:24 am

So sorry that I missed your comment. Are you referring to pulling the ropes through? Transitions were mainly designed by Romana but Joe was a stickler for "economy of movement".

Thank you for a great morning workout, Sonje! Omg, the Elephant...in love with it all over again❤️

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 17/10/2019 11:24 am

Isn't it wonderful when one is inspired all over again.....thank you for commenting and appreciating the subtlety......

Wow

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 17/10/2019 11:22 am

Always good to hear that you are still watching Madhavi!! Thank you for that.

So fantastic!! It will take me three days to get through all of this great detail. Thank you, all!!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 17/10/2019 11:21 am

And it will take even longer to get it into your body and mind but it will be such an exciting journey!
Thank you for your support and interest.

Thank you ! I learned so much. Such brilliant teaching and insight.You are a gold mine of information.Will return to this again and again!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 17/10/2019 11:20 am

That makes me so happy......everytime you watch it, you will absorb more and when you have all the tools, you will soar like an eagle!

Wow thank you soo much Sonje,
I love your videos, you’ve helped me a lot thank you so much... I hope I can join your live workshops, maybe one day.. you are amazing

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 17/10/2019 11:18 am

Thank you Hadeel! I am so gratified that I have reached you in Jordan.....

i made it barely through 40 minutes. my nervous system still processing all this,lol
my conclusion, if you don't use it you lose it. thank you for the body reminders and to go back to the details. My favorite reformer class so far!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 17/10/2019 11:17 am

Good for you.....and it doesn't get easier!! LOL.....the more you know, the more you demand from yourself.
It is a never-ending pursuit to be the best you can be!

Topic starter

Thank you!
As Joe was not focussed on the order as we know it today, I think the transition came from either Romana or Carola Trier

Topic starter

Thank you!
As Joe did not focus on the order as we know it today, I think that transition came from Romana or Carola Trier

What a great reformer class! Thank you so much for the inspiration. So many details and precision packed in this class. So much looking forward to attending again any workshops you are planning in Europe.

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 01/03/2020 6:19 am

Thank you and I do hope our paths will cross again somewhere, sometime!

I have watched this video and practiced it nothing short of ELEVEN times, and I am still picking up little cueing gems! Sonje, you are simply incredible. Thank you!

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 04/04/2020 7:48 am

Great MJ! I am giving you years and years of experience and I am so appreciative of your willingness to learn!

You are a magnificent teacher. I wished you had more instructional videos.

Sonjé Mayo Sonjé Mayo Topic starter 26/04/2020 9:15 am

Thank you! I appreciate your feedback. Thanks to Pilatesology, I will keep making more......

Alisa Wyatt Alisa Wyatt 26/04/2020 3:26 pm

Staavoni we will have many more, you can count on it!