If you are new to Pilates, check out our Beginner Guide where you’ll find videos to get you started. Please use the following skill level explanation as a guide, keeping in mind that you should practice any unfamiliar exercises first with a Certified Pilates Teacher who can adjust the exercise to fit your specific needs.
- Beginner – The basics and fundamental principles of Pilates are introduced through movement. Note that often these classes are not ‘easy’ at all because you are learning proper alignment.
- Beginner/Intermediate – More complex movements, including some twisting, rolling and extension of the spine.
- Intermediate – Complex movements are faster with smooth transitions and increased range of motion.
- Intermediate/Advanced – Exercises that roll body-weight onto the neck are added.
- Advanced – Recommended for experienced Pilates students and teachers.
- Super-Advanced – Recommended for experienced Pilates students and teachers with a very high level of skill.
If you’d like to track your progress try our Self Assessment Test which is designed to give you a benchmark in which you can track your progress. You can do the the Self Assessment anytime but we recommend every two weeks.